January 17, 2022
Find Boat and RV Storage in Kansas City, MO
All About Boat & RV Storage in Kansas City, MO
Storing Your RV
Different RV Sizes
When you go to store a vehicle, especially indoors, be careful to give your vehicle ample room in the parking space. You do not want to accidentally rent a space that is too small, so it is best to understand ahead of time what RV classification yours falls under, so you can properly figure out the storage space necessary. This will also help you do proper research when it comes to preparing your RV for storage.
These are the largest RVs. They can fit multiple people and usually include amenities that you would find in a house. Class A RVs can be up to 45 feet long and usually need to be stored in a specified RV storage facility.
The smallest RVs are Class B. They are the size of vans with the camper part usually built onto the back. Class B RVs can be up to 30 feet long.
Class C RVs can also be up to 30 feet. They are usually a little larger than Class Bs and include a lot of the amenities of a Class A.
Prepping Your RV for Storage with StorTropolis Self-Storage
- Wash your RV. Inside and out. Dust and dirt will stick to an already-dirty vehicle. And you do not want bugs, critters, or mold finding their way into your cabinets because of crumbs or leftover food.
- Inflate your tires. Cold air pressure can deflate them throughout the winter.
- Tank care. Properly clean through your septic and freshwater tanks to disinfect them and wash them out.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Cover RV and tired with a breathable cover if you are storing outside.
Storing Your Boat
Just like your RV, there are steps to take before you should cover and leave your boat in our storage. Proper precautionary measures before storing allow for fewer touch-up steps when it is time to take your boat out of storage.
Prepping Boat for Storage with StorTropolis Self-Storage
- Remove fluids and add an antifreeze product. Also drain anywhere else that would have water stored, such as a shower and hoses.
- Remove the transom drain plug.
- Prep the fuel system.
- Clean boat and cover. Your future self will thank you for the thorough cleaning and fresh wax when you see how well your boat holds up.
StorTropolis Self-Storage Boat and RV Storage
All StorTropolis Self-Storage locations have indoor boat and RV storage close to Kansas City, MO. Our Blue Springs, MO, facility offers indoor parking up to 14×50 feet, while the other four offer only slightly smaller spaces. If you need help determining the right size storage unit for what you are looking to store, call our office to speak to one of our experts. Rent or reserve boat and RV storage with StorTropolis Self-Storage!
Looking for additional storage space? You are in luck. StorTropolis Self-Storage can handle all of your storage needs, from vehicle storage to long-term storage of your household items. Our climate-controlled storage units maintain a constant temperature and humidity range to ensure your belongings get the utmost protection against any kind of Missouri weather. Start storing with us today!
About the Author: Katie Mest is an SEO Specialist at Storage Asset Management in York, PA. She specializes in writing about the self storage industry, including storage tips and helpful resources. Outside of work, Katie enjoys camping, hiking, and exploring the outdoors with her newly adopted Greyhound rescue, Titan.