Find Boat and RV Storage
September 3rd, 2020
You do not always have room for your extra vehicles around your apartment or house, but that does not mean you have to live without them. StorTropolis Self-Storage has four convenient locations in the Greater Kansas City MO area that offer indoor boat and RV storage. Keep your most prized possessions covered and protected during winter months!
These are the largest RVs. They can fit multiple people and usually include amenities that you would find in a house. Class A RVs can be up to 45 feet long and usually need to be stored in a specified RV storage facility.
The smallest RVs are Class B. They are the size of vans with the camper part usually built onto the back. Class B RVs can be up to 30 feet long.
Class C RVs can also be up to 30 feet. They are usually a little larger than Class Bs and include a lot of the amenities of a Class A.
Prepping RV for Storage
- Wash your RV. Inside and out. Dust and dirt will stick to an already-dirty vehicle. And you do not want bugs, critters, or mold finding their way into your cabinets because of crumbs or leftover food.
- Inflate your tires. Cold air pressure can deflate them throughout the winter.
- Tank care. Properly clean through your septic and freshwater tanks to disinfect them and wash them out.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Cover RV and tired with a breathable cover if you are storing outside.
Prepping Boat for Storage
- Remove fluids and add an antifreeze product. Also drain anywhere else that would have water stored, such as a shower and hoses.
- Remove the transom drain plug.
StorTropolis Self-Storage Boat and RV Storage
All StorTropolis Self-Storage locations have indoor boat and RV storage close to Kansas City MO. Our Blue Springs MO facility offers indoor parking up to 14x50 feet, while the other three offer parking up to 12x40 feet. If you need help determining the right size storage unit for what you are looking to store, call our office to speak to one of our experts. Rent or reserve boat and RV storage with StorTropolis!